Dosing in gravity & sand casting
Westomat® VPC dynamic for gravity and sand casting
The Westomat® for gravity and sand casting provides maximum precision, excellent energy efficiency, high melt quality and maximum operating life. Special technical innovations also enable a significant increase in productivity during the manufacturing process.
Highlights at a glance:
- Sizes for all die-casting machines and casting capacities - 450 to 3700 kg.
- Long refill intervals thanks to the high volume capacity
- Easy integration in any die casting cell thanks to compact design and compatibility
- Easy set-up of a casting program with Teach-In
- Variable casting curve with up to five breakpoints per curve
- High number of shape saving options
- Easy adjustment of the casting weight by entering the data with the touch panel – no additional mechanical retooling necessary.
- Freely programmable logic control (PLC)
- Continuous dosing cycle even during refilling
- High quality melt due to oxide-free metal removal below the level of the bath and constant metal temperature all the way to the metal casting chamber
- Considerable increase in productivity of your casting cell thanks to Top-Stop-Position®
- Energy-saving through use of high-quality insulating materials
- Long service life of the refractory materials – many customers achieve more than 20 years.
- Increase in the melt quality by optional use of the proven purge gas technology