StrikoMelter Ramp Melting Furnace
High metal yield
- ETAMAX® shaft + Ramp addition allows melting of sows, T-Bars, ingots or returns
- Clear gas consumption measurement for ramp and shaft melting
- Laser monitoring for optimized shaft filling
- Compact furnace footprint
- High pressure die casting
- Gravity die casting
- Sand casting
Melting bigger, made better
Building on the proven energy, metal yield and melt quality benefits of StrikoMelter, the Ramp Melting Furnace has been specially adapted for foundries needing to melt large sows and T-Bars as well as standard returns and ingots. Because melting bigger blocks doesn’t mean you have to miss out on significant savings.
Re-using ramp heat, reducing energy consumption
Sows and T-bars normally too large to fit in StrikoMelter’s famous ETAMAX® shaft, are melted on the specially designed ramp, with waste heat from this process used to preheat the return material in the melting shaft. In this way the two melting processes complement each other perfectly for one, energy saving solution to flexible charging.
Other Highlights & Technical Details
- Melting ramp suitable for all usual T-bars and sows
- Raising of the melting shaft for large-volume returns
- Laser monitoring of the filling level in the melting shaft
- Separate gas consumption measurement for ramp and shaft melting
- Melting capacity up to 2.5 t/h on the ramp
- Melting capacity up to 3 t/h using the shaft
- Holding capacity up to 12 t
Low metal loss
One of the largest cost drivers in the manufacture of liquid aluminium is the metal loss. The StrikoMelter ramp furnace minimizes the metal loss. In comparison with a reverb furnace, it offers enormous potential savings which have an immediate positive effect on profits.
Low energy consumption
Energy consumption is drastically reduced when melting T-bars and sows, as the waste heat from the ramp furnace can be used to preheat return material in the melting shaft. Therefore, in comparison with a reverb furnace, the StrikoWestofen ramp melting furnace allows significant energy costs savings.